Bonito Oliva, Achille

Since 1968 he lives in Rome where he started his adventure as art critic.
He teaches History of contemporary art at the faculty of Architecture of Università “La Sapienza”. Among is publication: ll territorio magico, comportamenti alternativi dell’arte (1971), Le avanguardie diverse. Europa/America (1976), La transavanguardia italiana (1980), Superarte (1988), M.D. (1997) e numerous essays on contemporary art.
He has curated several exhibitions in Italy and abroad, among which “Vitalità del negativo nell’arte italiana” (1970), he took part into the “VII Biennial of Paris” (1971), “La delicata scacchiera, Marcel Duchamp 1902-1968″ (1973), “Contemporanea – arte(1973), “Aperto ’80″ (1980), “Avanguardia transavanguardia 68-77″ (1982), “XIII Biennial of Paris” (1985), “Biennial of Dakar” (1998). He was chief curator of 45th Venice Biennial (1993): “Punti cardinali dell’Arte”.
Author of the videos: Totòmodo, l’arte spiegata anche ai bambini RAI 3 (1995), Autoritratto dell’arte contemporanea, RAI 3 (1992-96) and of the TV program A B. O. Collaudi d’arte, RAI 1 (2000).Achille Bonito Oliva gained the prize for criticism “Flash Art International” (1982), the prize for international journalism “Certosa di Padula” (1985), the international prize “Tevere” (1986), the prize “Bussotti Opera Ballet” (1988), the international prize for criticism “Valentino d’oro” (1991), we was appointed Knight of the arts and literature Order of the French Republic (1992), the won the prize of “Europa Festival” of Locarno (1995), the prize “Oasi d’oro” of the multimedia festival of Pantelleria (1995), the prize “Festival di Giffoni Vallepiana” (1996), the prize “Pino Pascali” for the art criticism of Polignano a Mare (1997) the prize “Fregene” for essays and art criticism (2000).
He has acted as cultural curator of international symposiums of art and of the Electronic Art Café. Cultural consultant for Regione Campania and for Metropolitana di Napoli. Director of Annali delle Arti for Regione Campania and consultant for arts at Fondazione Orestiadi di Gibellina.