Lucio Passarelli is the son of the architect-engineer Tullio Passarelli, one of the most significant designers of the new Italian capital. Lucio continued to develop his fathers’ work together with his two brothers Vincenzo and Fausto (both of whom have since died) as from the end of the 1940s, soon after he had graduated in civil engineering. The work carried out by the Passarelli studio represents one of Roman most outstanding examples of professionalism. His creations include: the Headquarters of the Istituto Mobiliare Italiano (Italian Investment institute) and the Ufficio Italiano Cambi (Italian Foreign Exchange office) (1950); the Collegio Internazionale and the San Tommaso D’Aquino church (1963); the multifunctional building in via Campania (1961/64) – wich project has been acquired in 2011 for the MAXXI Architettura collection; the new wing of the Vatican Museums, the Jubilee 2000 reception areas and entrance hall (1971/2000); the Council housing building plan for via di Vigne Nuove (1977); the new Alitalia headquarters (1984); the renovation and restructuring of the Ex-Institute for the War Blinded for the LUISS University (1995). Moreover he designed the Italian Pavilion at the Universal Expo Exhibition in Montreal (1967); the Bank of Italy and Ibm commercial Headquarters as well as a Sports Centre in Milan (1987); the Fiat commercial Headquarters in Turin (1980). In April 2011, La Sapienza University in Rome awarded him an honorary degree in Architecture.