Pursuant to section 13 of the legislative decree n. 196 of 30 June 2003 In accordance with section 13 of the Legislative Decree 1996/ 2003, relating to issues of personal data protection, we would like to inform you that the personal data you have voluntarily provided to the Fondazione MAXXI shall be processed by the same using procedures suitable for guaranteeing security and privacy in accordance with the above mentioned legislation.
1. Collection of personal data
1.1. This privacy notice concerns the data collected via contractual forms – both printed and electronic – that you have compiled and signed in order to benefit from following services:
a. mailing of the newsletter;
b. mailing of publications, catalogues and invitations;
c. joining the “I live MAXXI”private membership programme;
d. mailing of information relating to the “I live MAXXI“programme and renewing membership of the same;
e. publication of the names of donors on the web site and in exhibition catalogues;
f. participation in online surveys or contests;
g. promotions regarding Fondazione MAXXI products and/or services;
h. market surveys (with the possibility of data being supplied to third parties);
i. promotional activities (with the possibility of data being supplied to third parties);
l. statistical purposes (with the possibility of data being supplied to third parties).
2. Purposes and methods of data processing
2.1. The data collected are processed exclusively for the following purposes:
a. to provide the services requested by clients;
b. to provide support for clients;
c. to send any communications, including via Email, regarding new initiatives by the foundation;
d. to conduct statistical analyses, with the sole purpose of improving the services offered;
e. to satisfy legal obligations.
Processing of data will be conducted both manually and with the aid of electronic or otherwise automated means and will comprise, in accordance with the limits and conditions specified in section 11 of the legislative decree 196/03, all those operations or the sequence of operations indicated in section 4 paragraph 1, letter a of the legislative decree 196/03: collection, recording, organization, storage, consultation, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, correlation, blocking, communication, cancellation and destruction of data.
3. Nature of the provision of data and consent for processing
3.1. The provision of personal information is facultative in nature. However, even partial failure to provide the information requested will prevent the full provision of the services offered.
3.2 In a separate written document, you will be asked to provide specific consent relating to the individual services and/or provisions requested from the Foundation.
4. Communication and distribution of personal data
4.1. The personal data collected will not be communicated or distributed to third parties, with the exception of those cases provided for by this privacy notice and/or the law, and in any case those ways permitted by this last. 4.2 The data may come to the attention of heads of department or staff members appointed to process them by the foundation, within the ambit of the instructions received and solely for the specific purposes indicated in this privacy notice.
5. Rights of the data subject
5.1. In relation to the data in question, you may exercise the rights pursuant to section 7 of the legislative decree 196/2003, within the limits and under the conditions provided for in sections 8, 9 and 10 of the aforementioned legislative decree. In particular:
1. The data subject has the right to obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of personal data relating to them, even if they have yet to be registered, as well as the communication of such data in intelligible form.
2. A data subject has the right to be informed:
a. of the source of the personal data;
b. of the purposes and methods of the processing;
c. of the logic applied to the processing is this is carried out with the aid of electronic devices;
d. of the identification data concerning the data controller, the data processors and the designated representative as per Section 5, paragraph 2;
e. of the entities or categories of entity to which the personal data may be communicated and which may have access to the said data as designated representative(s) within the state boundaries, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
3. A data subject has the right to obtain: a. updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data; b. cancellation, anonymity or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data the retention of which is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed; c. certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the bodies to which the data were communicated or distributed, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
4. A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part: a. on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data that concern them, even though they may be relevant to the purpose of the collection; b. to the processing of personal data concerning them where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the purposes of market research surveys or commercial communication.
6. Data Controller and Head of Data Processing
The data controller is Fondazione MAXXI, with registered office in Rome, Via Guido Reni n. 4/a. The head of data processing is the pro-tempore legal representative of the foundation. The full list of data processing managers may be consulted at the data controller’s premises.